The Copper Smithy was built in 1818. The two-storey masonry building burned down in 1855 but was rebuilt. After copper-smithy work was discontinued, fine forging operations were located on the bottom floor and a grinding mill was established on the upper floor. A third storey was added in 1898. The Copper Smithy now houses exhibition rooms, sales facilities and a restaurant.