The Workers’ tenements were originally houses built for the workers. The older building, on the right of the square, was designed by the architect C.L. Engel and dates from 1827. The ‘new’ building on the left is by J.E. Wiik and was built in 1852. Between these Empire-style buildings stands the wooden bailiff’s house from 1849. Restored with modern interiors in the 1990s, the Workers’ tenements are still lived in, and also provide workspace and sales facilities for local crafts people and designers.